We currently use Symantec AntiVirus for the Enterprise on our desktop and
have had good success to date.  Our Exchange server currently does NOT
have an Antivirus add-on installed.  I would like to see some kind of
scanning software on the box for additional protection.

Since we already have NAV for the Enterprise, we have a copy of NAV for
Exchange as well.  This would not cost any additional funds to get this
extra protection.  However, I am under the impression it's always a good
idea to put a different piece of antivirus software on the Exchange server
as opposed to the desktop to minimize the amount of time to retrieve
updated virus definitions.  In other words, if I have both NAV and Trends
installed and a virus breaks out, Trends may have the definitions before
NAV so we'd be better covered than if we had NAV on our Exchange server.

Unfortunately Trends costs about $5000 or so (we have 350 Exchange users).
 Has anyone used both of these products and can help me determine whether
the additional cost is worth the piece of mind?  Personally I'd like to
see it happen and get Trends but I'm trying to justify the cost as opposed
to an already-free solution.

Thanks.

List Charter and FAQ at: