From: Jesse Rink [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 7:59 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: best-practice document explaining how to prevent spam msgs?

Alright.  We do not have any content filtering software on our Exchange
server at this time.  As most Exchange admins are aware, content filtering
software can cause just as many headaches after it's been installed prior
to it being installed at all.

The best way to prevent unwanted spam seems to be for users NOT to give
out their email address over the web (surveys, etc.), not to sign up for
newsletters, not to do online ordering, and other obvious things.  I'm
wondering if there's a document out there that someone has used that
explains these things in detail?  Basically a "How to prevent unwanted
email - faq" or something like that that I can send out to our users...

Any idea?

List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at: