From: Rick Ward - HQ [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 1:47 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Exchange 5.5 Event ID 1160

in -V mode optimizer has many many extra screens to change/alter thread settings. Grab the Qarticle on optimizing your IMS and see if that corrects your problem.

Do you have logging turned on/up in the IMS? IF so, what is it set too. It should be minimum. Max will definitely cause you problems. You should only use MAX settings if your trying to debug a problem on the IMS.

In so far as volume goes, if you don't have monitoring software available, the best way is to use PERFMON and use the Total Messages hook listed there. This can be set to give you a 24 hour window of message sent if you wish. Then you can x5 that for you weekly loads.

How many staff do you have and how many IMS's?