I was told that this was not a virus and that it was a problem with the
detection message where no detection name is given, is an
error message that is given by the engine and misinterpreted by the GUI
product, not a detection by the DAT files. The files are now in
quarantine, so can i send out the file or is it infected with a virus?

I am running groupshield exchange.

This is the message we received in the event viewer:
"The file testing.doc is infected with '_'. Detected with scan engine
4.1.60 DAT version 4.1.4181 from user Exchange running groupshield
4.5.572.182 OAS"

List Charter and FAQ at: