Hey,

            I am NOT a Exchange expert, just another geek trying to get the job done.

That is why I sumbit this problem to this GREAT forum of EXPERTS!

Anyway enough sucking up for now........:->

SBS 4.5 Sp6, Exchange 5.5 sp4

Suits ok'ed a AV service called "Message Labs" to start scanning our in & outbound email, starting this weekend.

I need to change our DNS MX records to point our email domain to Messages Labs servers instead of to my Exchange server directly. <no prob>

In IMS I need to change "message delivery" in the IMS properties page to "forward all messages to host XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX"  so all outgoing mail goes to their scanner box<again no prob>

I also need to setup "Accept Connections from - ", right now it's set at 'all servers, secure or unsecure", want to only accept connections for that Message labs scanner box by IP, but if you select "Only from hosts using - :" you MUST either use authenication, encryption, or both? <This IS a problem!>

So my questions are:

Do I setup another NT or Exchange account for Message Labs server and give then the username and password for this Authentication or?

If so, then if I list under "Specify Hosts:" Message Labs severs IP, will all other hosts be "rejected" by deault? <how can you reject all but specific IP's>

Can't you just add deny 0.0.0.0 to reject all other hosts or?

Thanks much in advance..........

Howie

Howie Pince
Network Administrator