Title: Message
I would uninstall Outlook2000 from the Exchange server and reinstall Exchange. I'm still trying to figure out how you managed to upgrade Exchange to Outlook.
-----Original Message-----
From: Graham Cathcart [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 9:03 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Outlook/ExchServ 2000 issue

Hi,

Hopefully someone on here can end my hell and tell me how to solve the following. I am not even 100% convinced it is Exchange but not 100% sure it isn't...!!

We recently upgraded our Exchange Server to Outlook 2000 from 5.5. All went remarkably well, surprisingly enough ;-). In conjunction we use various forms of Outlook, although the PC's concerned use Outlook 2000.

The only problem we have encountered is the following :-

Our Chief Exec, gives permission to his P.A. to see, add, edit & view his Calendar within outlook. It worked before upgrade. After upgrade it didn't, so deleted permissions and renewed them. She then managed to get into Calendar so all seemed well. That was until she discovered she wasn't seeing all appointments in the calendar.

I also have permission and having renewed the permissions from the Chief Exec's outlook I CAN see all the appointments.

I "guessed" it may have something to do with permissions server side as I have Admin permissions and she doesn't. So I gave permissions to look at the calendar to my colleague who has the exact same permissions as myself... He too gets the same problem as the P.A., as in he only sees some of the appointments within his Calendar.

Next "guess" was the individual PC's involved....So got them to log into the PC I use and try it on that. Unfortunately this showed same problem they both could only see some of the appointments (always the exact same one's) as they did on own PC's.

Just to make it even more complicated when my colleague AND the P.A look at his calendar in "Active appointments" they can see ALL appointments. In every other view - They can only see some of the appointments. That to my mind nullify's the thought that it is down to permissions. But, hey, who knows.

I have checked the "view definitions" within Outlook and all seems well. Moreover, I still use the default Outlook settings for views, and therefore when they use my PC, they are using the same settings.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Graham "Pulling my hair out" Cathcart

List Charter and FAQ at: