From: Cris Vitsorek [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 12:18 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Recipient Name in an email different than SMTP Address

I have a case where User JSmith received an email in her inbox that was
addressed in the TO: field to KJones.  When I clicked on the TO: field the
smtp address was user's JSmith's ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).  I tracked messages
for JSmith and KJones and the log said the message was only for JSmith.
This was unsolicited email.  The ceo wants an explanation of how this could
happen.  In a fuzzy way, I think I know but can someone give me a good
explanation I can use.

Thanks for your help

List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at: