From: MSexchange [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Posted At: 30 January 2002 18:40
Posted To: Sunbelt Exchange List
Conversation: restore Public Folder
Subject: restore Public Folder

Hello All,

Win2ksrv sp2, Ex55 sp4

I have a problem with Public Folders on my Exchange.  It apprears my
Public Folders db has gotten corrupted (although the Eseutil says it's
consistent). I was bringing up another server in the site to replace
this machine...I believe sometime in the replication process it went
bad(I have since rehomed back to original machine)...In the public
folder resources I can see all the folders(in the first machine),  but
when I try to get the properties for a particular folder, I get the
message that the object in the information
store could not be found(id c1040af2).   I have not been able to do a
consistent online backup either.  The question I have is:  I have a good
tape from last week (this came from another exchange server we took
offline-removed from site), can I restore the public folders to the new
machine and then replicate to the first?....I don't want to replace priv
portion for that seems to be ok...just the pub...any ideas?

thanks,

Fred Valdez
Network Administrator

List Charter and FAQ at:

Any view or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of Silversands, or any of its
subsidiary companies.
If you have received this email in error, please contact our Support
Desk immediately by telephone on 01202-360000 or via email at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

List Charter and FAQ at: