I have a new install of E2K, single domain, one DC. I
am getting the following errors in the event log:

Event ID: 1004
Microsoft Exchange System Attendant failed to start.

Event ID: 1005
Unexpected error An unknown error has occurred. ID no:
80040a01 Microsoft Exchange System Attendant
occurred.

Event ID: 9004
The Metabase Update service failed to start, error
'80040a01'.

In my searches the only thing I found relevent to
these errors is Q310896. Which suggests adding a
second DC. I'm not sure this is my problem. I'm
thinking it's a permissions issue.

Any suggestions, clues, hints?

If I have to add a second DC my only option at the
moment would be to promote my Exchange server. Is this
even an option? Good, Bad, Ok?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I am a newbie to Exchange.