Title: RE: ONStream backups
We see the same issues here.   After using the tapes for over two and a half years with NTbackup, ArcServe and now Veritas Backup Exec,  I also have random issues reading the tapes.  Yes, this is a good inexpensive solution, but we are researching a new solution for our 2003 budget.

Jim Sullivan
-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Schmalz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 9:48 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: ONStream backups

We are currently stuck using them at our company due to cost restraints of a larger solution. I use a 30 GB and 50 GB for our server backups.  Nearly every time I attempt to do a restore, even with tapes only used once, twice, or a brand new tape, I usually have random trouble reading the tape and I end up restoring from another of my numerous backups.  Backup Exec shows it as blank media.  If the tape is recognized It's not the media, because I can overwrite it later and restore from it with no problems.

Mike Schmalz
Network Administrator
Brilliance Audio
www.brillianceaudio.com