Sounds like a network issue.  Can you rpcping (ex5.5 resource kit) the good
server from the bad? If not, check your nic/switch settings and make sure it
is set to full/full and not autonegotiate.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Vantine [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 9:45 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: New Server Same site installation issues

I am trying to install a new server in the same site to do the "Ed Crowley
Server Move" and think I may have some problems. I have check MS and various
other resource and do not seem to find any specific answers and hope this
list may offer some guidance. From my research it would seem that these
errors are all interrelated and that it has something to do with Apple Talk
but I do not have Apple Talk or any Mac's on the network (to the best of my
knowledge)

This is a new W2K Sp2/SR1 member server of an NT4 domain. I Installed Exch
5.5 (without OWA which I plan to install on a different server later) but
did not receive any error messages during the install. In reviewing the
event log, however,  there are 2 informational and 1 warning that concern
me.

Informational

1.) MSExchangeDS, Internal Processing, Event ID: 1166 "Error 1703 has
occurred (internal ID 3230220). Contact MS Tech Support for assistance

2.) MSExchangeSA, General, Event ID; 2042 "Unable to get the AppleTalk
network address of the MS Exchange Server Computer

Warning

3.) MSExchangeMTA, Interface, Event ID: 9321 "An RPC communications error
occurred. An attempt to listen over RPC has failed. NT Error 1703.
[ncacn_at_dsp BASE IL MAIN BASE 1 504] (14)

Thanks in Advance
-Dave Vantine

List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at: