From: Steve Ens [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 10:52 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: messages slow to open?

Any antivirus software running?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jesse Rink [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 9:51 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: messages slow to open?

Anyone know where I should begin looking to determine whether I am
experiencing the beginnings of a problem or whether this is just normal?

Lately I've noticed that when I open email messages in Outlook XP they take
longer to open.  Especially the big messages (from listservs and such).  May
take like 2 minutes to open the email and task manager on my system (Windows
NT) shows outlook.exe taking up 99% cpu time.  These messages do not have
attachments, I'm just talking about regular messages.

I have an Exchange 5.5/SP4 box.  I haven't noticed anything on the Exchange
servers performance reports that show a sudden increase in CPU/memory/HD
activity.  This just sorta happened about 2 weeks ago.  NO changes have been
made on the server in quite some time.

Any idea what this might be?

List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at: