Do you have backups run on the laptops ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Brien Mayer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 16:03
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Moving mailboxes to another server

I had the same problem. Instead of moving the users pst file to the
exchange server, I imported them back into outlook & let the pst file
remain local on the pc. This solved several issues. 1) It kept the
information store(users mailbox) small which in turn helps load outlook
web faster. (If you import the users .pst file & they are large .pst
files it will take forever for the web client to load when they are on
the road) 2) It gave our users a chance to keep all their old mail &
move the mail they wanted & needed to view on the web to folders in the
information store & still have the web load fast.