Chris and everyone else,

I have been encountering the same problem (as Chris V.)

The first error we get in the Event Log is....
MSExchangeIS (395) Unexpected Win32 error:  0x79

The next one is...Event ID 125
MSExchangeIS (395) Unable to create the log. The drive may be read-only,
out of disk space, misconfigured, or corrupted. Error -1022.

Next Event error...Event ID 1111
An error occurred while writing to the database log file. Attempting to
stop the Microsoft Exchange Information Store.

This is a new Exchange server. We added this new exchange server in order
to move all of the mailboxes off of the old one (to be retired). Our
exchange db is very small and we have plenty of disc space.

We have received these errors on 3 different occassions within the past 2
weeks. Upon receiving the first one, I checked this forum and implemented
the suggestion to exclude the exchsrvr directories in the anti virus
software (We have GroupShield and NetShield on this server). We have
received this error twice since then.

The last suggestion we have not tried yet is Todd Wood's posting in which
he spoke to Microsoft and they recommended rebuilding the server.

Anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks

Robert Gagne

List Charter and FAQ at: