I have a weird problem (not really a problem, but something weird happening)

Here is the setup:

Windows 2000 Server SP2

Exchange 2000 SP2

NAVMSE 2.6 for EX2K

Message tracking in EX2K is on.

This is a "test" machine setup to practice with before our actual migration.  It is a fresh install with all patches and hot fixes installed.

It is statically assigned in internal address (129.168.1.250) and is not connected to another site or NAT to any external addresses. (it is on a subnet with another domain, but is a different domain - no connectors or trusts)

I was testing NAVMSE by sending some test emails and making sure it was scanning them.  Overnight, I left the NAVMSE statistics screen up.  When I arrived at work the NAVMSE statistics showed several hundred emails scanned.  However, message tracking says no emails were sent through the server.  Being interested in what is causing this, I set up a second test machine in the identical fashion.  This machine also shows emails scanned by NAVMSE but no messages have been sent through the server.

Again, these machines are not "on the Internet" and have no MX records pointing to them.  They are single machine domains. (Native mode in W2K and E2K)

What is NAV scanning?

I know many of you will say to use different anti-virus software.  This is not an option at this point.

Thanks in advance for your ideas and input.

Bob Fronk , MCSE

Information Technology

Davis H. Elliot Company, Inc.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]