Yesterday, probably around noon, some users have started to experience some
Exchange "slowness".  These users are still using PST files while a few
people are starting to move to server-based storage (i.e. me and two other
people are testing it right now).  Anyway, we've been on this configuration
for a very long time with no hardware/software changes, other than with
ScanMail.  Yesterday we were still on version 3.61 and actually the only
changes with it were the pattern/engine updates.  Anyway, I'm wondering if
by any chance the latest pattern file is maybe a little messed up and could
cause problems.  I sent an email to someone using PST files and went over to
their desk 10 minutes later and asked if she got the email.  She didn't get
it until she clicked Send/Receive.  Now several users are experiencing the
same thing.  As for me, the one using server-based storage, I too have seen
problems.  My problems involve messages not appearing until I click out of
the folder and then back into it.  Or when I send a message it will make the
Outbox folder bold like it is still in there until I click on the folder.
It actually goes out rather quickly, but just doesn't look like it does.

Anyway, last night I removed ScanMail completely because we were planning to
upgrade to 3.8.  The removal and upgrade seemed to go perfect, except now
several of my attachments are not being blocked even though they are on the
list of attachments to block.  That and people are still experiencing the
same slowness with Outlook/Exchange.

Any ideas?  Anyone else having any problems like this?  I was kind of hoping
it was ScanMail with a faulty pattern or engine update.  Now that I've
upgrade to 3.8 I don't have the old update logs to see when the last update
was, other than the manual one I performed last night of course.

Thanks,
Allen

List Charter and FAQ at: