Does anyone have an idea why this malformed email header works?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Santiago [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 8:05 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Mail Relaying

We have a stand alone exchange 5.5 sp4 which we need to run pop3 on and have
applied the fixes mentioned in the article.

http://www.exchangeadmin.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=7696
but for some reason we can still relay...even though the telnet test from
the document tells me its not relaying. But with this

I ran  the test on telnet relay-test.mail-abuse.org
And we pass all of the tests except for this one

:Relay test: #Test 17
<<< 250 OK - mail from <spamtest@[10.10.10.10]>
>>> rcpt to: <mail-abuse.org!nobody>
<<< 250 OK - Recipient <mail-abuse.org!nobody>
>>> QUIT
<<< 221 closing connection

Does anyone have an idea why this is occurring or how we can prevent these
type of addresses from being sent out from our boxes. Any suggestions would
be appreciated.

List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at: