Title: IS crash on Replication message ... when I don't use replication ...
Single server?
-----Original Message-----
From: Leone, Michael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 1:12 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: IS crash on Replication message ... when I don't use replication ...

Last night, my Ex 5.5 SP4 server crashed. I see a few of these messages:

Event ID: 3079
Source: MSExchangeIS Public
Type: Error
Category: Replication Errors
Unexpected replication thread error 0xfaf

FReplAgent

KB says this is an Exchange 2000 error, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q272999 :-)  It talks about Public Folder replication. Which is interesting, since I only have the one Exchange server, and I never configured replication ...

This led to a number of Event 7200s, about Background threads being unable to run, until the whole IS shut down, and I had to reboot.

Errors similar to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q153480 (the Background Thread parts, anyway. I never made any registry changes, as that articles discusses).

Amy thoughts on where to dig next?

Michael Leone, Systems Administrator
Philadelphia Contributionship
210 S. 4th Street, Philadelphia, PA  19106
<mailto: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
V: 215-627-1752 x1282
F: 215-627-5354

List Charter and FAQ at: