From: Allen Crawford [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 5:10 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Securing Exchange Server

Isn't the DMZ as secure as the LAN with the exception that certain ports are open for the various services on the servers in the DMZ?  I guess I just don't see the difference other than that and the fact that the LAN is "unknown" to the DMZ.  But like I said, I know jack about this stuff, which is why I'm asking.  Leaving it on the LAN actually sounds easier to me anyway, I just want to understand why it is more secure.  Seems like a bad idea leaving an "exposed" computer on your LAN-I thought that was the whole point of a DMZ.