Services shut down in sequence with a 300 second timeout each.  The MTA is
taking longer I suspect.  Wonder what it's fussing with...

What are the event ID's in the application event log.

-----Original Message-----
From: Thozama [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 5:19 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: MTA not starting

Current setup - Exchange 5.5 SP4 on WinNT 4.0 SP5 PDC

Problem is everytime I restart the server , the Exchange MTA (Message
Transfer Agent) service does not start. This causes other dependent services
like the IMS not to start as well. I shut down all the services properly
before the restart but it does not help when the server comes up. When I
look in the event logs, the MTA  conducts field engineering on restart as
though it was not shutdown properly.
What could be causing this.

TIA
Attention:
This e-mail message is privileged and confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient please delete the message and notify the sender.
Shepstone & Wylie Tomlinsons Inc.
Full details of the firm and its directors are available at:
http://www.swt.co.za

List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at: