Their temporary file locations are "full".  Clean out all (and I mean
ALL) temporary file locations in their logon profile.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Millar, Ken" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "MS-Exchange Admin Issues" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 11:06 AM
Subject: Can't create file

This may be somewhat off topic. I would like to know if anyone has seen
this before. Microsoft gives an explanation in the following: Q181990
but I checked the permissions and it does not seem to apply here.

Environment: Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 running on NT4 Sp6a. Client:
Outlook 2000 on NT Workstation 4.0 SP5 or SP6a (we have some of each)

Client receives following error message while trying to open a
WordPerfect attachment from email.

"Can't create file: <file name> Right-click the folder you want to
create the file in, and then click Properties on the Shortcut menu to
check your permissions for the folder."

Resolution: Blowing away the roaming(local) profile(s) clears up the
problem temporarily.

Thanks,

Ken Millar
Network Support Analyst