Just a silly one here really. Currently using a quiet period in work to
have a mess about with Exchange 2000. Our internet server fires all
incoming SMTP mail to our Exchange 5.5 server. We have a couple of
redundant domain names which I wanted to use for testing purposes so how
can I route SMTP mail for just those domains from our Ex 5.5 box to my
test Ex 2000 box?

I thought this would be done through the re-route options on the IMS but I
can't seem to get it to work.

If for example I select mail coming into abc.com to be rerouted to
test.com all the Ex 5.5 box seems to do is strip abc.com from the e-mail
address and replace with test.com and then obviously not find the
recipient. The mails are never reaching my Ex 2000 box.

I think this is obviously down to my lack of understanding of how SMTP and
DNS work but any little pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, James.

List Charter and FAQ at: