From: MS-Exchange Admin Issues [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 8:30 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Disabling RR functionality

My boss just asked me if there is a way to disable Read Receipts from going through the IMC on our Exchange 5.5 server. Specifically if an external e-mail comes in with a request for a Read Receipt, is there a way to suppress the automatic response to this in Outlook or at the Exchange server?

I know how to do it client side if the client has the Internet Mail service installed. But none of our workstations need this, so the feature is disabled. I have also looked at the Disable Automatic Replies to the Internet feature on the IMC, and ours is checked. I would think this would suppress the Read Receipt replies, but it doesn't.

Any thoughts?

TIA

Chris Bodnar

Network Engineer