Outlook 2k
Exchange 5.5
2000 pro work station

if we try to open up an excel attachment it comes back with "can not find
specified file"  if I open up word it works fine

I can save the file and then open it and that works ok also.  it is only
excel and will not open with a double click or a right click view.

WHAT I HAVE DONE.
I did a repair on office
I also tried to find where different types of attachments are saved or
settings for them with no luck.

I did find if I log on as a different user and set up outlook under a
different profile I am able to open excel attachments.

so looks like it is something with is profile.  we have had win 2k profiles
mess up just don't want to recreate all his settings if I give him a new
profile.

thanks in advanced for any help.

James

List Charter and FAQ at: