From: Cross, Tom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 11:18 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: MTADATA

NT4 6a / Exch 5.5 SP4

  We had a problem with a remote server that has since been fixed, but I
noticed a bunch (6900+) items in the mtadata directory.  The problem
involved the MTA and IMS, there was a corrupted message in the queue.  When
I cleaned it out and the MTA/IMS was restarted, the MTA queue reflected the
items and it eventually cleared.  The items are still in the mtadata
directory, which kind of caught me as strange.  I looked at a couple local
servers and there are a few items in the directory, but no where near the
amount I see on the remote.  What is the story with this directory?  Is this
something that needs to be manually cleaned?

Thanks in advance,

Tom Cross
Viasystems Group

List Charter and FAQ at: