Title: E2K Child domain issue (Resolved)

If anyone was following this ongoing thread, we finally resolved it:

Basic problem:

Parent domain, and child domain connected across a VPN. Single Exchange server in the parent domain. Child domain clients unable to connect to Exchange mailboxes.

It turns out you need to do 2 steps manually:

1.      Run /domainprep in each child domain that will be accessing the exchange server
2.      Manually create a Recipient Update Service object in System Manager for each child domain, and do a Rebuild on the object.

I did eventually find documentation on the first step needing to be done. But I still can't find anything that states the second is necessary. We ended up opening a PSS case for this issue.

Thought some might find it useful.

Chris Bodnar

Network Engineer

Essent Corporation