From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2002 7:18 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: suggestion need to change the exchange server name

Hi Guys,
        we have Exchange 2k running on AD environment , the entire setup
was upgraded from Exchange 5.5 and Windows Nt 4.0 domain
model."chn.tnind.com "is our AD domain and 'chn ' is the equivalent
netbois name of the domain, also chn was the domain name for the windows
Nt 4.0 domain before the upgrade.Exchange is running in separate
Win2k-sp2 Dc.Gc server is running in separate win2k-sp2.
        Gc Server: dc1.chn.tnind.com
        Exchange Server : dc2.tnind.com (it supposed to be
dc2.chn.tnind.com)
        We missed the name space verification during the exchange server
, So it's dns namespace has missed the 'chn' in it's FQDN .It gives some
problem in replication and connectivity.
        Exchange 2k now running with 100+ users and has six Gb of Edb
files.
        Anybody can give your suggestion to change the exchange server
name from dc2.tnind.com to dc2.chn.tnind.com

Thanks and regards,
Senthilkumar.P
Systems.
Indchem Software Technologies Limited,