Exchange Directory Replication problem Exchange 5.5 SP4 NT4 SP6a

We carried out some work on our Exchange server at the weekend
uninstalling Groupshield v 4.5.572.104) and replacing it with Antigen
(v6.20.0842).

The process initally went pretty smoothly, Groupshied uninstalled itself
surprisingly cleanly. We removed it using the Windows Installer method,
and then went through the manual removal instructions and deleted the odd
one or two remnants that the uninstall didn’t take care of. Antigen was
then installed successfully, except for a problem with the MAPI profile,
which I skipped, with the intenton of sorting it out after a reboot and
service pack reapplication etc.

In order to rectify MAPI/notification problem, it was obvious that a MAPI
client needed to be installed and configured as there wasn’t one on the
server already. I subsequently installed Windows Messaging and rebooted.
When the server came back-up none of the Antigen or Exchange services
would start, with Dr Watson application errors occurring for Antigen.
Windows Messaging was then removed and the server came back-up again with
just a DLL problem which prevented the Exchange Administrator from
opening, and this was resolved by reapplying the Exchange service pack.

The server is working fine with the exception of directory replication,
which is producing the following error message in the event log;

Event ID 1091
The directory replication agent (DRA) attempted to open mail with name
/o=xxx/ou=xxx/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=xxx/cn=Microsoft DSA:xxx but
received error 2147500037. Messages could not be sent. Make sure that the
mail service on this Microsoft Exchange Server computer is running.

I have looked this up on Technet and havn’t found an article for the error
code 2147500037.

There is nothing on the McAfee site (surprise) and I'm waiting to hear
from Sybari

The MAPI32.dll is version 5.5.2653.12 which is the same as another
Exchange server that we have here.

I have disabled Antigen and the problem is still happening.

This error was not occurring before the changes.

I am now planning to reinstall Antigen and to install Outlook this
evening, to see if this solves the problem. What do you guys think? Have
you come across this problem before?

Cheers,

Chris

List Charter and FAQ at: