I am running exchange 5.5, SP4 on NT4, 6a server.  Lately, I have had a few
emails get kicked back to senders with the following MTA looping error
message:

      Joe smith on 3/13/2002 12:05 PM
            The recipient was detected looping within the message transfer
service
        The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=
;p=ORGANIZATION;l=VASRV2-020313170505Z-27464
            MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:HQDA:DADC012

My event log also has a lot of the following warnings:

Event Type:     Warning
Event Source:   MSExchangeMTA
Event Category: Interface
Event ID:       4283
Date:           3/14/2002
Time:           8:09:04 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       VASRV2
Unable to recognize an internal message identifier. Internal connection
handle (LPI) 1-15-2   Error code: 8464  [POP4 POP4 UP 7 228] (14)

I am not sure if the looping is related to the event ID 4283 MTA warning.
I'd like to resolve both issues but the mail looping seems to be the bigger
issue right now.  Would appreciate any guidance.  Thanks in advance.

Ken

List Charter and FAQ at: