Q186739?

MAYBE reapplying the Exch SP will replace the correct files, but you may
want to call PSS.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Symiakakis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 3:50 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: HELP! My IMS is down and I am out of ideas.

Hi Everyone,
  I restarted my Exchange Server running 5.5 after I had uninstalled MS
Outlook on it to move Outlook to another partition, and now my IMS is not
coming back up. I am getting an error Event ID 4116, and 4018. 4018
states: Unable to start the Internet Mail Service because MAPI could not be
initialized. I have looked through the Knowledge base, and have checked all
of the areas that they suggest, but I am still not able to start the
service. I am here all night until I can get this up so I would appreciate
any help.

Thank you in advance,

Nick Symiakakis
[EMAIL PROTECTED]