Are you sure he didn't mean to put an additional Exch 5.5 box in the DMZ
(with no mailboxes on it)? Currently, do you have port 25 opened directly
to your internal Exch 5.5 box from the Internet? Is he an IT consultant?

I really cant believe that he meant this, but from other responses, I take
it there are some real jewels out there...

Pat

                      Craig Sterley

                      <csterley@jrauto.        To:       "MS-Exchange Admin Issues"

                      com>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                               cc:

                      03/19/2002 07:25         Subject:  Moving our exchange 5.5
server to DMZ
                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      "MS-Exchange

                      Admin Issues"

We are going to be moving our Exchange 5.5 sp4 server into our DMZ off our
firewall from our internal network.  I know there is something that must be
done as far as configuring the communication ports that exchange uses.
Does anyone have a good resource for this information on making these
changes?
List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at: