XADM: Services Stop Unexpectedly After You Install Service Pack 1 While
Trend Micro ScanMail 5.0 Is Also Installed (Q308600)

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Armstrong [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 12:36 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Services terminating unexpectedly!

I keep getting errors in my logs about services terminating unexpectedly
and I am unsure if they are related to Exchange2K or Win2K or both! The
error is Event ID: 7031 and the error is:
The World Wide Web Publishing Service service terminated unexpectedly.
It has done this 17 time(s). The following corrective action will be
taken in 0 milliseconds: No action.

This error occurs for the following services: IISAdmin, Exchange IMAP4,
NNTP, Exchange POP3, Exchange Routing Engine, SMTP, & WWW. All in that
order.

I have done searches on technet for the Event ID and it responds with
nothing related to this issue. I have no idea why this is occuring. The
server is W2K SP2 running Exchnage2K and SQL2K. The last thing that was
installed on the box was Diskkeeper which I didn't install. I am not
sure if the issue is related to Diskkeeper. The events I see before this
issue deals with an IIS stop & stop command being issued by the NT
AUTHORITY\SYSTEM and also the NNTP service being started. The only other
errors I get are Event ID: 36871 which deals with SSL certs which arent
being used and Technet states that there isn't a fix for this other than
installing a cert to the SMTP site or that it can be safely ignored.

Any ideas on why this is happening? Anybody have this issue before. TIA!

.+-

@Aಫa‾0    z[lpjo畣Z\྅zm

List Charter and FAQ at: