Title: Message
All you have to do is setup something like an exchange cluster, or doubletake which would seize the ip,computername of the current server in case of a failure. If all you want is backup mail to be queued during downtime, look at adding an MX IN 50 record for the 2nd box, or talk to your provider about etrn solutions or queuing due to downtime.

If you are simply looking at downtime, then you may want to either have the backup server in another physical location or on a different network to circumvent T1 connectivity issues. If you are going through the trouble of having backup services you may as well do it right :)
-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Britton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 10:28 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Secondary email server

I realize this is a bit off topic but this is my last hope.  I figure that someone else out there has done this and can help me out;-)

My primary Email server is an Exchange server.  I would like to set a secondary/backup Email server for our domains.  I would like to set this up on a Linux machine running Sendmail, Qmail, Postfix, or whatever!  I can't seem to find any documentation on how to set this configuration up!  I have the 1000 page Sendmail book from Orielly and looked a equally sized Qmail book last night.  They both say that it is a good Idea but neither say how to set it up!

Does anyone else out there have this configuration or know of a good source for documentation for this?

I know I can do this with exchange and if money was no object I would set up another!  But I don't have those kinda resources!

List Charter and FAQ at:
List Charter and FAQ at: