From: Dave Vantine [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 03 April 2002 15:11
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Removing 1st Server in site

1st Server Exch 5.5 sp4 on NT 4 sp6a
New Server Exch 5.5 sp4 on W2k sp2

After following the Ed C server move instructions everything went smoothly
in the transition over the last week.  I carefully followed Q152959 (remove
1st Ex srv in site) and Q189286 (deleting srv from sit).  Yesterday I turned
off all of the exch services in the 1st server and just left it and
monitored the new exch server. No one complained of any problems and mail
flowed in an out without incident.

This morning I executed the final piece and deleted the 1st server object
from the Administrator program. For what ever reason it created some objects
from the 1st server that I had specifically did not want to replicate in the
new server. Those objects were the Eventsconfig_<1stServer> and 3 public
folders used by Norton Antivirus.

In the past I have had ghosted eventsconfig folders when I added additional
servers to the site to test disaster recovery but have been able to remove
them with the events.exe /c command. This did not worked this time. Any
ideas on fixing?  Other than it being listed is there any harm in it sitting
there?

When I click on the NAV folder with an Outlook client I get "Unable to
display the folder. The contents of the public folder are currently
unavailable. Either the MS Exch computer servicing this folder is down or
the public folder has not been replicated to this site."    I was going to
highlight this PF object and try to delete Raw Object but thought I would
ask for some additional opinions first.

Thanks
-Dave Vantine

List Charter and FAQ at: