I would answer your question but I guess I'm not very good at following up
on problems :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Mitchell Mike [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 09 April 2002 16:51
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Needing to open a mailbox to verify...

Good morning,

Outlook 98 Exchange 5.5

We have mailboxes on two servers.  Sometimes for no reason at all people
cannot get into one or the other server.  There are no errors on the logs
and we can't figure out what is going on.

We would like to build a mailbox on each server that will allow us to test
if the server is working when people call into the Help Desk stating that
they cannot access the server.

I have built the mailbox and am trying to test this new procedure out.  I
have given the help desk people USER permission on the mailbox.  I have
created a new profile on the help desk workstation.  When the Help desk
person signs on, they use their userid and password, they get the 'Unable to
open your default e-mail folders.
I am doing wrong.

I went to the knowledge database and get The logon credentials of the
Exchange Client or Outlook are different from the logon credentials of the
user logged into the workstation.
But what exactly does that mean?  Please help me.

Regards,

Mike Mitchell
Systems eMAIL Administrator
Alverno Information Services