Title: Message
Thanks. this could save me a lot of work!!!

Liz
-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Sojka [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 10:17 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Outlook Blockers

I couldn't find the whitepaper, but the info seems to have been supplanted by a series of links and KB articles.

You install the OL98/2K security enhancement, and it will block all Level 1 attachments by default.  If you have Exchange, you can set a flag in the Registry that instructs the OL security update to look for a special PF that will override the default settings.  The PF doesn't receive the attachments, but is a custom-developed form that contains the settings.  OL checks the PF, and uses the administrator-controlled settings to derive a customized Level-1 and Level-2 list.

* Erik Sojka, MOS, MCSE     *
* Manager, Network Services *
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]           *