If you create a new mailbox with the same directory name, you should be able
to delete it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lake, Mary Elizabeth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 3:50 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Deleting a mailbox from a deleted server

We are in a bit of a quandary - we brought a new Exchange server online; all
public folders, private mailboxes, services, etc were migrated to the new
server and then the first server was removed from the Exchange site.

Afterwards, a stray mailbox was discovered, still pointing to the old
server.  When attempting to delete the mailbox we get the error that it
could not be deleted because the information is not available. Unfortunately
we have no easy way to bring that back online.

The defunct mailbox has been hidden so it doesn't present a problem for
users, but I'm trying to figure out how (or even if I can?) to delete it out
of the Recipients container.

I've been through Technet Articles, including Q177772 (Removing Stranded
Mailboxes In Mailbox Resources) to no avail.  Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Mary Elizabeth

List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at: