Steve this works for me too. Could you explain why subnet of 255.255.255.255
should be used instead?

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Johnston [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 20 February 2002 22:04
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Relay

Pete,

Use a subnet mask of 255.255.255.255.  Then stop and restart the IMS.  See
Q196626.

Steve

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 02/20/02 01:18PM >>>
I need to allow 4 users to relay off of out Exchange 5.5 sp4 server.  The
client machines are on the internal network and are not Exchange users.
I have selected Reroute incoming SMTP mail on the IMS routing tab and have
checked the box for Host with these IP addresses and entered the IP of the
pc's on the Routing Restrictions page.

When I test through Telnet from an allowed IP address I get relay
prohibited.

Any suggestions.  I obviously want to ensure that relay is prohibited for
anyone but these 4 machines.

Pete Hotchkiss

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This electronic mail transmission is intended only
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential information belonging to the sender which is protected
by the attorney-client privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the
taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error,
please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete the original
message.

List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at:

http://www.star.net.uk

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is private, confidential and may also be
legally privileged .  If you are not the intended recipient or employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication and its
attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us by telephoning on +44 (0)207 459-3600.

When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this email are for
their use only and are  subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing
Durlacher client engagement letter.  Durlacher is a member of the London Stock
Exchange and is regulated by the FSA.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered
by MessageLabs.

List Charter and FAQ at: