I think it had something to do with secondary smtp addresses and which one
was set as reply address but don't quote me???

-----Original Message-----
From: dave mcnulty [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 12:56 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Instant Messaging

Helo

I have installed IM in a win2k domain using one exchange 2k.

The IM clients are failing to authenticate - the error message when logging
onto the im server the client states that the "user does not have permission
to use the specified email address. Please supply an email address and logon
credentials for that address."

I have the appropriate SRV record in DNS to allow users to logon using
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and have given the IM server permission to handle logons -
in fact i have followed technet and e2k resource kit advice exactly (maybe
that's where i went wrong :-) ).

Has anyone come across this before?
Or can anyone point me to a URL?

TIA

Dave McNulty

  *** PLEASE BE ADVISED *** This email contains confidential information
that may also be legally privileged and which is intended only for the use
of the above-named addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be advised that any copy, dissemination or use of the information contained
on this email is strictly prohibited. If this email has been received in
error, please contact us immediately. Thank you.

List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at: