From: Jason Dwyer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 12:42 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Anti Virus Software

Hi all,
        I have sent this to both lists as it covers both Exchange and NT.

I have read with interest a lot of threads with regards to whether or not
one should use AV on servers/exchange etc.. and I am of the opinion that the
more the merrier.

Currently we have been using NAV 7.6 corp for our desktops, file server and
exchagne server.  It is now time to renew and when I informed the boss about
the price, she wants me to review the options.  From the looks of thing
Trends Neat Suite would cost me about the same, so what I am really looking
for is a solid comparison betweent the NAV and Trend suites.

I need to protect the following.

File server
Exchange Server
Terminal Server (This is new so not currently protected by NAV)
50 Desktops
some laptops.
Centralised management is a must.

At the moment I am going to review the Trend Suite to see what the features
are for the $$ but would like some experienced opinions.  I am also
considering implementing Mail Marshall... do people think this is a good
idea or overkill?

Thanks in advance.

Jason Dwyer

List Charter and FAQ at: