From: Abercrombie, Sherry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: April 23, 2002 8:59 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Keeping large PST's open

BAD PST very bad....

Actually, I agree 100%, I despise pst's, but have to live with them.  We
tell our users here that they can use pst's, they are for email that must be
kept longer than 45 days, BUT there is no guarantee on a pst, it is a
volatile, corruptible file.  I have had a user's pst get corrupted, and we
did not have it on backup because she waited for 2 weeks to report it (we
only keep email/pst backups for 1 week), and she whined all the way up to
her director who contacted our director and he said too bad, my staff was
following policy......if it's that important, save it to a word doc and
store it on the network!