From: Brad Metzler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 4:03 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Web redirects - virus/CSS/Email based?

Sophos, pulled every hour, all clients updated every hour, mail gateways
every 5 minutes, NAI groupshield onboard exchange servers updated once a
week (yeah, groupsuck, but it's a different vendor just as a double check).
We've run active scans on all web servers and all victim clients with
sophos, nothing. The issue has been reported to Sophos tech support, we're
waiting on a reply presently. It is hitting a new person on our campus at
the rate of about 1 every 15-20 minutes. We are seeing it on everything from
secured admin workstations to 'very' unsecured student computers. No common
denominator yet for a possible delivery application, except they are all
Win2k running IE6 or IE5.5SP2 so far. Several of the clients don't even have
outlook, but could be accessing through OWA, so mail-based starting point
isn't out of the picture yet. We are getting nervous that noone else outside
our campus seems to be reporting this yet.

Brad