From: Matt Vance [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 11:47 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: unable to disable relaying in Exchange 2000

I am having a problem shutting off relaying on a Exchange 2000 server.
I had it turned off (confirmed by being removed from the ORBS list).  In
trying to fix some problems that one user was having sending mail from
his Mac, I turned it back on (and tried turning off "Anonymous access",
which stopped all incoming mail, oops!).  Now I can't seem to turn it
off again for the life of me.

I have the relay restrictions set to "Only the list below" and the list
is blank.  That is how I had it set when I had us removed from the ORBS
list, but right now I'm still able to telnet into port 25 on our server
and relay to an outside account that I have.  Any ideas?

I have "Allow all computers which successfully authenticated to relay,
regardless of the list above" unchecked.  I only have an SMTP Virtual
Server configured, not an SMTP internet connector.  Am I missing
anything?

This is beginning to be a big problem because we've been added back to
some of the RBL and ORBs lists.  From everything I've read, I have
things set correctly to disable relaying, but it's still allowing
relaying.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at: