Title: RE: Virus List

Why are your users sending each other exe and com files? I never allow such files in through email. I return them to sender. Users who exchange such files really should zip or rar them

-----Original Message-----
From: Majetic, John RAME [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 1:21 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Virus List

Well maybe I wasn't specific enough. All the big AV sorces seem to have
these, and they all seem to work with varing levels of success.

For instance if you search on the phrase "I love You" at NAI or Trend they
find nothing. If you search on "Naked Wife" they find said virus. At
CompAss, at William calls it, it's reversed, I can find "I Love You", but
not "Naked Wife".

The reason I want this is sometimes we get messages from people in Denamark
at the parent company, or form outside the building that contain exe files,
com files, and such with suspious subject lines like "Hi! How are you?"
Right now I look them up in the various libraries, and delete them.

Several times these have been real files from Denmark and because of the
spotty results from these libraries, I didn't feel that just because I
couldn't find them in one of the libraries, that they weren't really
viruses, and deleted messages.

I was just wondering if there is a better library out there, or I am just
doing something stupid at the search sites?

John