Title: Message
My OWA deployments have always been 24x7.  Early service packs of Exchange 5.x OWA on IIS4 on NT4 had issues if well used, in my experience.  But online database maintenance and online backups should not cause OWA to be unavailable.  There may be a small degradation of performance depending on your hardware, etc, but nothing serious.

William

-----Original Message-----
From: ONG Liang Bu (CSC) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2002 10:45 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Availability of OWA - is it 24x7?

Hi,

Some users have been complaining that our OWA is down on certain hours during the night.
We have only one OWA server.  At nite when the IS do auto-defrag, read from this list
somewhere it is twice a day, will the OWA lost connections?

If there is a downtime, how do I find out the time slots and inform the users?
Platform
NT 4.0 SP6 plus security patches.
Exchange 5.5 SP4 plus security patches

Appreciate any help.