Title: Message

Hi all,

            This is more AD then Exchange but I am at my wits end and banging my head on the monitor isn't helping anymore.

I need to increment the RID count on a DC either before moving to AD or immediately after the DCPromo.

Background:

Former NDS4NT integrated domain, when we pull the virgin BDC all SIDS (and RIDS) are unique but the RID count is approx 6000 less then the last RID used causing conflict as we begin to add users.

The RidNextRid value is a System only and I have attempted modify with ADSIEdit and LDIFDE import logged in as system (cmd.exe as logon.src method) to no avail.

PSS has been called and escalated, but no solution yet.

Any help appreciated.

Chad Purviance

List Charter and FAQ at:

+++The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this document.+++