From: Yurchuk, Michael W. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 2:06 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Exchange Server Move

Our company is in the process of moving to a new building. They want this
done as usual with as little user down time as possible and without buying
any new equipment. We are scheduling the move of our exchange server. We
currently have our exchange 5.5 W2K server in building 1 connected to
internet connection 1. We want to move it to Building 2 and use internet
connection 2. We have network connectivity between building 1 and building 2
Here is our plan
1-Back up the E-mail server
2-Change the machine IP address and subnet mask
3-Change DNS to point to the new IP address
4-Reconfigure Internet mail connector so that it connects with new internet
address
5-Shut the machine down
6-Call internet company and have them update our Zone file to reflect the
new internet IP addresses
7-Move the machine to the new building
8-Reboot the machine and perform testing

I am wondering will this work, is there anything we have missed

Any help is greatly appreciated

Michael Yurchuk, MCSE
Systems Administrator
direcTEL