Title: RE: Outlook Web Access and SSL

If you are using IIS5, you don't need a cert at all. Just force SSL communications. IIS4 is harder. You don't need a public cert, but you will have to create your own.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Price [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 4:47 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Outlook Web Access and SSL

Just now implementing OWA.  All my remote users use VPN so they use the
outlook 2000 client fine.  A director has bought a house in a remote
location in is using Directway Satellite Internet Service.  The VPN
connections don't work on Directway so voila, I'm going to use OWA.  I
want to use SSL.  May be a dumb question, but can I use SSL without having
to obtain a certificate from a certificate providing authority.  Takes too
long.  I gotta go out to his house this weekend.

List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at: