This defies belief! Do you really have to such great lengths to avoid .psts? It's crazy. The format these messages are saved in is *far* more susceptible to damage than a .pst. This is *not* an effective and safe archiving mechanism.

Kevin
-----Original Message-----
From: Lynn Karen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 22 May 2002 14:33
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Mailbox archiving/moving

The only thing our users objected to when we suggested this was that in Explorer the date and time stamp of the message is the time it was saved, not the date of the message itself (which shows up OK when you open it) but our users who had already filled their mailboxes weren't convinced (altho' we did say "from now on save them as they come in" - Do they let their hallway at home become filled with post until they can't open the front door before they file anything?).

Karen