Hello All,

I am having an interesting problem with Exchange 2000 & BackupExec 8.6. Over the past
few weeks, I have been getting errors within BackupExec8.6 when it backs up indivdual
mailboxes in Exchange 2000. There are two mailboxes where it finds messages that it
can't access so therefore it skips it. One of the messages is as follows:
Unable to open the item Howard Perl [howardp]?Top of Information
Store?Inbox?read?oldham?LEXINGTON PO#57016699 - skipped.
Access denied to file ?Howard Perl [howardp]?Top of Information
Store?Inbox?read?oldham?LEXINGTON PO#57016699.

This happens on a dozen or so emails within two mailboxes but none of the others. Both
of these mailboxes belong to users of RIM Blackberry's. This is the only thing that I
can see that can be causing the problem. Anyway, when I got into the mailbox and drill
down to the exact message that it is skiiping, I can't even open it within Outlook
(this is both as the user and as Administrator).

The first time to problem came up, I just deleted the messages that Outlook said
couldn't access or was corrupt and the problem went away for a few days but now its
back. I search on Technet for corrupt messages and find nothing but articles on
corrupt stores and mta, etc. Has anybody seen this happen before and found a solution?
I called Veritas tech Support and the basically say that if outlook can't open the
message then it has to do with Exchange2k and not backupexec. The Exchange server is
running W2KSP2 and E2KSP2, it is also running Trend Scanmail and Norton AntiVirus Corp
Edition. BackupExec is on another server and the remote agent is installed on the mail
server. Any ideas?!?!?
BztPjm,vޖ(~(rb!j^f